BY KEEGAN NEWBERRY
The CalmPalm device is a self-soothing and self-regulatory tool designed to help individuals who experience anxiety and related insomnia. The CalmPalm uses micro electro stimulation pulses to trigger acupuncture points associated with calming the ‘fight or flight’ response.
• Once turned on, it is simple to position in your hand and use -including a wrist strap to support while you fall asleep;
• The pulses are highly rhythmic and shift patterns allowing your mind to focus away from anxious thoughts and concentrate on the sensory input;
• You can vary the intensity of micro electro stimulation pulses to personalize for each user’s comfort level;
• Comfortable to hold and automatically turns off after 20 minutes to ensure a safe user experience.
• Uses multi-purpose buttons (i.e. same button to turn on and change modes) to control the device which can be confusing without a screen;
• The micro electro stimulation pulses may be uncomfortable for individuals who experience touch sensitivity.
The CalmPalm device is not suitable for everyone and should be carefully trialed inadvance of using it for sleep to ensure the safety and comfort of the user. Though for some individuals this may be an effective solution to focus and reduce bedtime anxiety that can disrupt sleep.
Star Rating: Out of 5
Ease of Use: User Guide Required ⭐⭐
Adaptability: Some Personalization Possible ⭐⭐⭐
Accessibility: Broad Range of Users Served ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cost vs. Value: You Get What You Paid For ⭐⭐⭐
Overall Rating: ⭐⭐⭐