The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: SUMMER PROGRAM WORKERS (RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS)
START DATE: 13 May 2019, ending 30 August 2019
SCHEDULE/HRS: Various schedules
HOURLY WAGE: $16.00
This position involves recreational programming, instruction, and assisting with activities of daily living. This position also requires the individual to represent the Association by participating in community events. This position is subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Position is conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in assisting individuals in all aspects of daily living (total personal care, feeding, bathing, dressing, etc).
- Knowledge of and ability to work with challenging behaviours.
- Knowledge of and ability to deal effectively with behaviours associated with mental health, an asset.
- Post-secondary education or training in a related field.
- Must be between the ages if 19-30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) position.
- Minimum one year direct experience with people with developmental disabilities.
- Training in behaviour management techniques.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- Valid First Aid/CPR upon start date
- TB Test Clearance
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or hold Refugee status