The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: SUMMER PROGRAM WORKERS (HOLIDAY OPTIONS PROGRAM)
START DATE: 27 May 2019, ending 30 August 2019
SCHEDULE/HRS: Various schedules
HOURLY WAGE: $16.00
The Program Worker ensures facilitation of an enriched travel program and supports adults with developmental disabilities on group day trips and week-long excursions within BC and USA. Direct care and supervision of adults is required in addition to planning of trip day plans, meal preparations, transportation, medication administration (training provided) and all aspects of care for safe travel. This position is subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Position is conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education or training in a related field (Education, Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, or Therapeutic Recreation).
- Must be between ages of 19-30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Working knowledge or experience with people in the area of recreation.
- Minimum one year direct experience with people with developmental disabilities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence and the ability to obtain Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s Licence
- Possession of valid Canadian passport
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold Refugee status