The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: SUMMER PROGRAM WORKER (ACCOUNTING)
START DATE: Tentative start date of 27 May 2019, ending 30 August 2019
SCHEDULE/HRS: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 8:00-16:00
HOURLY WAGE: $16.00
The Program Worker will be responsible for providing support to the Accounting department with administrative tasks. Duties include but not limited to maintaining accounting records by making copies and filing documents, maintaining accounting databases, assisting in project accounting, and processing backups. This position is subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Position is conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education or training in a related field (Business Administration, Accounting)
- Must be between ages of 19-30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) summer job.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and MS Office Suite.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or hold Refugee status