This position involves monitoring and setting up assembly lines, project management, quality assurance, using task analysis to develop production efficiencies, coach and train employees with various abilities, data entry, and other projects as assigned.
Job Title: Summer Production Assistant
Start Date: Tentative start date 15 June 2020, ending 9 October 2020
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 8:00-16:00 // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $17.00
- Post-secondary education or training in a related field (such as Operations Management, Production Management, Social Sciences, Psychology, and Vocational Rehabilitation).
- Must be between ages of 18-30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) summer job.
- Working knowledge or experience involving people with developmental disabilities.
- Production or warehouse experience.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- BC Class 5 Driver’s License, an asset
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification, an asset
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold Refugee status
These positions are subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Positions are conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
This position requires union membershipApply Now