The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: SUMMER DESIGN & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (COMMUNICATIONS)
START DATE: Tentative start date early May 2019, ending date late August 2019
SCHEDULE/HRS: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 8:00-16:00
HOURLY WAGE: $16.00
The Design & Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Communications department with communications, graphic design and administrative tasks. Duties include contributing to communications strategies, use of social media, email design production, digital form creation, support in updating designs, maintaining membership and mailing list records, business card production, photo inventory management and marketing material inventory management, as needed. This position is subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Position is conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education or training in a related field (Communications, Marketing, Design).
- Must be between ages of 19-30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) summer job.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold Refugee status