The goal for our child and youth summer programs is to provide a fun environment; giving unique community based opportunities for all participants.
Job Title: Summer Child & Youth Worker
Location: Brock Junction & Leisure Challenge (Vancouver)
Start Date: 8 June 2020, ending 28 August 2020
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri // 37.5 hours per week (various schedules)
Hourly Wage: $17.00
Brock Junction Program (1 position): C&Y Workers assist in the enrichment of the inclusive out of school community program for children ages 5-12. Direct participation and supervision of children is required, in addition to the planning and preparation of summer activities with the current team. Inclusion and community access are strong program values. Children learn through experience and exposure to daily urban adventures with their peers. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to plan and lead community adventures within the summer months.
Leisure Challenge Program (1 position): C&Y Workers assist in the enrichment of the community inclusive program for youth with disabilities ages 12-19. Direct participation and supervision of youth is required, in addition to the planning and preparation of summer activities with the current team. The program provides opportunities for youth to learn life skills, build social skills, and increase personal independence for the future through recreation. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to apply classroom knowledge and gain valuable work experience. Other duties will include planning and leadership of recreation opportunities.
- Post-secondary education or training in a related field (Early Childhood Education, Child & Youth, Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, or Therapeutic Recreation) preferred.
- Must be between ages of 15-30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) summer job.
- Working knowledge or experience with people in the area of recreation/leisure.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold Refugee status
These positions are subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Positions are conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
This position requires union membership
*Due to COVID-19 and the need to practice social distancing, the interview process for DDA and prospective employees may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.Apply Now