Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: Senior Support Worker | #SWPF18-44
SERVICE AREA: Day & Community Services
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 9:00–16:30 // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $22.73 per collective agreement
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU)
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
- 2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in community settings.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Experience implementing positive behavior support programs for those at risk, preferred.
- Must be able to swim in chlorinated pools.
- Criminal Record Clearance and Medical Clearance
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Driver’s Abstract
- Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada