The Senior Support Worker plans, implements, and oversees the day to day activities of a program. Participates in program development, procedures formulation, program evaluation, scheduling, and financial operations.
Job Title: Senior Support Worker | #1155
Start Date: As soon as possible
Term/Status: Permanent Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Primarily Monday to Friday daytime with some flexibility to work the occasional Saturday // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $24.36-$25.65 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
- An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
- Municipal Pension Plan
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
- 2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in community settings.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Experience implementing positive behavior support programs for those at risk, preferred.
- Must be able to swim in chlorinated pools.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer literacy and knowledge/ experience of Microsoft Office Suite
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position requires union membershipApply Now