Residential Manager | Permanent Full Time| #1695
Since 1952, Developmental Disabilities Association has been helping thousands of people in BC with developmental disabilities reach their full potential through support and advocacy. We have an amazing opportunity for a Manager in one of our Vancouver Community Programs. This talented and motivated leader ensures that the residence provides a home-like setting which creates a comfortable living space with opportunities for each individual to develop life skills to the limits of their desire and potential. This role encourages the active participation of parents, siblings and outside friends in the lives of the clients. Responsibilities include team leadership & management, facilitating training, hiring & recruitment and following and maintaining a budget. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
Job Title: Residential Manager | #1695
Start Date: April 11, 2023
Term/Status: Permanent Full Time
Schedule/Hrs: Monday 08:30 – 16:00, Tuesday 09:00 – 16:30, Wednesday to Friday 8:00 – 15:30// 37.5 hrs per week Hourly Wage: $31.41 as per collective agreement
The Manager ensures the residential setting provides a home-like, comfortable living space and opportunities for each individual to develop life skills to their desire and potential.
Education & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences and/or degree or diploma in training people with developmental disabilities.
• 2 years of experience in a residential setting, 3 years of experience in an adult training program.
• 1 year of supervisory experience.
• Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
• Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs.
• Experience working in Geriatric care and knowledge of Dementia preferred.
• Positive behavior support training preferred.
Standard requirements of the Manager – Residential include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position is open to male and female applicants.
*This position requires Union Membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now