The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) has been a leader for advocacy and inclusion in BC for families with special needs since 1952, and now we need you. We have an opening in one of our group homes in Richmond for a Residential Care Worker (RCW) to assist with residents’ physical, emotional, social, and recreational needs.
We need your skills and experience to help British Columbians with developmental disabilities reach their full potential by supporting their rights and self-determination. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
Job Title: Residential Care Worker | #1619
Start Date: October 1, 2022
Term/Status: Permanent Part Time
Schedule/Hrs: Monday 14:30-21:30, Tuesday 16:00-21:00, Saturday 9:00-13:30, Sunday 16:00-21:30// 22 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $23.90 as per collective agreement
Residential Care Worker (RCW) assists residents to live successfully in residential settings within the community. The position ensures the residents’ physical, emotional, social, recreational, economic, educational, and/or medical needs are met. The RCW assists residents by enhancing their quality of life through activities of daily living. The RCW works both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrates the ability to take initiative and effectively problem solve using sound judgment.
What We Offer:
- On-the-job Training
- A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
- Municipal pension plan
- Educational and training opportunities
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education
- 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, or related equivalent experience
- Experience with, or training in, areas of adaptive communication, and community care is an asset
- Experience in supporting mental health and positive Behavioral Reinforcement.
- Valid First Aid/CPR upon start date
- Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to upgrade to restricted Class 4 driver’s license
- Satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Criminal record clearance
- Medical clearance (must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40 lbs)
- Competency in English written and verbal communication
- Eligible to work in Canada
*This position requires union membership.
*This position is open to female applicants.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now