The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) has been a leader for advocacy and inclusion in BC for families with special needs since 1952, and now we need you. We have an opening in one of our group homes in Vancouver for a Residential Care Worker (RCW) to assist with residents’ physical, emotional, social, and recreational needs.
We need your skills and experience to help British Columbians with developmental disabilities reach their full potential by supporting their rights and self-determination. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: RESIDENTIAL CARE WORKER | 1565
SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Part Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Tuesday 16:00-20:00, and Thursday 16:00-22:30 // 10.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 as per collective agreement
The Residential Care Worker (RCW) assists residents to live successfully in residential settings within the community. The position ensures the residents’ physical, emotional, social, recreational, economic, educational, and/or medical needs are met. The RCW assists residents by enhancing their quality of life through activities of daily living. The RCW works both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrates the ability to take initiative and effectively problem solve using sound judgment.
Education & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
• 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, or related equivalent experience. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training preferred,
• Experience with, or training in, areas of adaptive communication, positive behavior support, and community care is preferred.
Standard requirements of the Residential Care Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance (must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs)
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License AND ability to upgrade to restricted Class 4 Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid/CPR upon start date
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position is only open to female applicants.
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.caApply Now