We are looking for recent graduates and experienced direct support workers to join our team! If you are passionate about caring for others and making a difference in the community, we would love to hear from you.
The Residential Care Worker (RCW) assists residents to live successfully in residential settings within the community. The position ensures the residents’ physical, emotional, social, recreational, economic, educational, and/or medical needs are met. The RCW assists residents by enhancing their quality of life through activities of daily living. The RCW works both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrates the ability to take initiative and effectively problem solve using sound judgment.
Job Title: Residential Care Worker | #1020
Start Date: ASAP
Term/Status: Positions available from 4 hours to 36 hours weekly (Day, Afternoon, Weekend)
Hourly Wage: $21.50 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
- An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
- Municipal Pension Plan
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
- 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, or related equivalent experience.
- Experience with, or training in, areas of adaptive communication, positive behaviour support, and community care is an asset.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance (must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs)
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 Driver’s License preferred
- Valid First Aid/CPR upon start date
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Employees may be required to use their automobiles in the performance of their duties
This position requires union membershipApply Now