The Residential Care Worker (RCW) assists residents to live successfully in residential settings within the community. The position ensures the residents’ physical, emotional, social, recreational, economic, educational, and/or medical needs are met. The RCW assists residents by enhancing their quality of life through activities of daily living. The RCW works both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrates the ability to take initiative and effectively problem solve using sound judgment.
Job Title: Residential Care Worker (RCW-PT)
Start Date: ASAP
Term/Status: Positions available from 4 hours to 36 hours weekly (Day, Afternoon, Weekend)
Hourly Wage: $21.50 per collective agreement
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
- 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, or related equivalent experience.
- Experience with, or training in, areas of adaptive communication, positive behaviour support, and community care is an asset.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance (must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs)
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 Driver’s License preferred
- Valid First Aid/CPR upon start date
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Employees may be required to use their automobiles in the performance of their duties