We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Head Office receptionist team! Join Us!
JOB TITLE: Relief Receptionist
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Casual, on call, and as scheduled
HOURLY WAGE: $17.51 per collective agreement
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
To enhance and promote the public image and relationships of the Association within the community and to provide efficient and effective reception, switchboard, administrative support, and communication services to the Association’s various internal and external constituents. This team player must be flexible and would be available to cover reception sick and holiday coverage with short notice.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years reception and/or switchboard experience, with ability to operate a multi-line switchboard.
- Computer training and/or experience in the application of a variety of computer software and other office equipment.
- Previous office experience.
- Ability to interact positively with public, staff, volunteers and clients.
- Excellent communication skills in English, oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high volume work environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be flexible as this position is to cover sick and vacation relief and you may not get much notice.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada