The Payroll Assistant provides support in ensuring the smooth operation of the Payroll Department through accurate and timely processing of the payroll information. They will provide administrative support to the Manager of the Payroll Department, and the Association by carrying out payroll and administrative duties.
Job Title: Payroll Assistant | #PATF19-06
Start Date: 01 June 2019, ending 15 August 2020
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $23.10 per collective agreement
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Completed two years of post-secondary training in areas such as payroll and/or business administration.
- Minimum two years related recent experience working in a payroll function or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with all aspects of benefits administration.
- Completed or working towards Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification.
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll processing software.
- Demonstrated computer skills with MS Office, accurate typing skills with intermediate level Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond/communicate with public and staff in a positive, professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, to set priorities and work to tight deadlines with a high volume and fast-paced payroll.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Eligible to work in Canada