The Developmental Disabilities Association has been enabling people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential with expertise, integrity, respect, and conviction for over 60 years. We are a dynamic community living agency that provides over 50 community‐based programs and services to children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families in the Vancouver and Richmond areas. Over 1,600 individuals and families in the Vancouver and Richmond area are serviced by the Developmental Disabilities Association every year. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: Manager | #1583
SERVICE AREA: Employment Services
START DATE: August 8, 2022 , ending October 14, 2023
TERM/STATUS: Temporary Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Flex Time // 37.5 hours per week (flexible hours)
HOURLY WAGE: $30.66 as per collective agreement
The Manager provides coordination of various employment streams at Jobs West and supervision to Employment Specialists in the coordination of services and support to job seekers. This position may carry a small caseload. Part of the role will require business development in the community.
Education & Experience:
• Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration, and/or degree or diploma in areas directly
Related to supporting people with developmental disabilities in employment.
• 2 years’ experience working with adults with developmental disabilities/learning disabilities/mental health.
• Experience in leading teams and projects.
• Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication.
• 1 year experience with supported employment, customized employment, and regulations of WorkBC.
• Experience coordinating supports for goal setting and the job development process.
• Experience required with business community and networks.
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications – Office 365, Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint
Standard requirements of the Manager include:
• Criminal Record Check
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License & vehicle required
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
• Flexible work schedules
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now