The Manager provides coordination of various employment streams at Jobs West and supervision to Employment Specialists in the coordination of services and support to job seekers. This position may carry a small caseload. Part of the role will require business development in the community.
Job Title: Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible
Term/Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours: Flex // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $29.80 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
Municipal Pension Plan
An inclusive work environment
- Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration, and/or degree or diploma in areas directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities in employment.
- 2 years’ experience working with adults with developmental disabilities/learning disabilities/mental health.
- Experience in leading teams and projects.
- Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication.
- 1 year experience with supported employment, customized employment, and regulations of WorkBC.
- Experience coordinating supports for goal setting and the job development process.
- Experience required with business community and networks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications – Office 365, Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Use of a vehicle for work
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position requires union membershipApply Now