The Manager ensures a range of community-based day services to individuals, including opportunities for participants to develop their vocational, educational, recreation/leisure abilities. Responsibilities include team leadership & management, facilitating training, hiring & recruitment and following & maintaining a budget. Other duties include the implementation and monitoring of individualized behavioral support assessments and support plans.
Job Title: Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible, ending 31 January 2022
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time
Hours: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 7:30-15:00 // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $29.80 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
Municipal Pension Plan
An inclusive work environment
- Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration, Management for Non-Profit, and/or degree or diploma in areas directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities.
- 2 years’ experience working with developmentally disabled adults.
- 2 years’ experience working with adults with co-occurring disorders.
- Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication.
- Familiarity with community resources related to housing, poverty issues, and mental health supports.
- Experience supporting residents who live with addiction and/or are street-involved.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Criminal Record Clearance and Medical Clearance
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- Clean Driver’s Abstract and use of vehicle for work
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position requires union membershipApply Now