The Developmental Disabilities Association has been enabling people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential with expertise, integrity, respect, and conviction for over 60 years. We are a dynamic community living agency that provides over 50 community‐based programs and services to children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families in the Vancouver and Richmond areas. Over 1,600 individuals and families in the Vancouver and Richmond area are serviced by the Developmental Disabilities Association every year.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for the Association. In addition to contributing to the overall success of the organization by ensuring accuracy and timeliness in financial reporting, you will bring proven technical skills and possess the ability to manage several projects at once and meet their established deadlines.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze and present timely and accurate internal, board and external monthly, quarterly and annual financial Analyze variances and monitor actual financial results to budgets.
- Provide analytical support for annual operating and capital budget, collaborate with Department directors to develop budgets, and update information in CPM program.
- Oversee the responsibilities and accountability of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team and ensure continuous team development and training.
- Oversight/supervision of accounting team’s preparation of audit working papers.
- Lead annual external audit process and collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Coordination/supervision of all other audits by tax authorities.
- Oversee regulatory audit processes and ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- File tax returns monthly, quarterly, and/or annually as required (includes GST, PST, and Excise Tax).
- Prepare annual information returns.
- Act as a professional, collaborative working partner with other Departments, Program managers and Directors.
- Maintain, update, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of current operations; develop and implement improvements to systems and processes.
- Anticipate, understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders (management, funders, etc.).
- Assume a lead role in development and implementation of new or modifications to existing Accounting systems to ensure correct financial implications of all transactions and appropriate levels of internal control are maintained.
- Provide support to the Director of Finance with projects and other initiatives as required.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive accounting experience
- 2 + years of experience managing a team
- University degree or College Diploma
- CPA designation or Finalist actively pursuing completion of CPA designation
- High level of technical literacy, with advanced Microsoft Excel skills and full proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
- Extensive comprehension of Sage 300 ERP or similar application
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize projects and deliverables, and interact effectively with cross‐function teams
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as federal legislation affecting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections with an effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to construct an audience appropriate message and communicate effectively with co‐workers and other stakeholders
- High level of integrity, discretion, patience and accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective collaborative working relationships
- Sound judgement, common sense, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and diplomacy
- Proactive approach to problem solving and initiative in putting ideas into action
- Highly organized with the ability to produce quality work under pressure and tight deadlines
- An appreciation of the value of providing service to the members of our community, and an ability to embrace the Association’s mission and values
The Developmental Disabilities Association offers an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now