The nature of this position is to provide comprehensive and effective support to individuals living independently.
Job Title: Life Skills Worker | #LWPF19-04
Start Date: 15 March 2019
Term/Status: Permanent Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Flexible; some evening and weekend shifts may be required // 37.5 hours per week
$20.42 per collective agreement (Current rate)
$21.50 per collective agreement (Rate as of April 1, 2019)
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services.
- 2 years’ experience working with people who deal with concurrent disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
- Experience with principles of positive behaviour management is desirable.
- Experience working with people with addictions and/or at-risk, preferred.
- A non-judgmental attitude, ability to relate to participants, work unsupervised, and generate/monitor workload.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Access to a vehicle for business use
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada