The Infant Development Consultant makes a significant contribution to children and families by providing home-based services to infants’ birth to three years of age, who are experiencing developmental delays or considered to be at risk of delays. Consultants assist families to optimize their child’s development and continuing participation in activities.
JOB TITLE: INFANT DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT | #ICTF18-05
LOCATION: Lower Mainland
START DATE: 07 January 2019, ending 31 December 2019
TERM/STATUS: Temporary Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 7.5 hours per day // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $29.60 per collective agreement
*Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- University Degree in area directly related to child development.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in field of early intervention.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of early intervention, family centered practice, and the community living sector.
- Superior written/oral communication, coordination, counselling, and teaching skills.
- Preference will be given to those with a Post-Secondary Diploma in Infant Development from UBC
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Driver’s Abstract
- Valid Class 5 & vehicle required
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada