Float Residential Care Worker | Temporary Full Time | #1694
The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) has been a leader for advocacy and inclusion in BC for families with special needs since 1952, and now we need you. We have an opening in our group homes in Vancouver & Richmond for a Residential Care Worker (RCW) to assist with residents’ physical, emotional, social, and recreational needs.
We need your skills and experience to help British Columbians with developmental disabilities reach their full potential by supporting their rights and self-determination. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
Job Title: Residential Care Worker | #1694
Location: Various Residential Sites
Start Date: March 01, 2023
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time ending September 09, 2023
Schedule/Hrs: Thursday to Monday between 06:00 and 23:00 // 37.5 hours per week
Float RCWs are available for flexible hours (Day and Afternoon shifts) between the hours of 6:00 to 23:00 (employees will be working 7.5 hours per day for their shift). Float RCWs are expected to work in all locations as assigned and locations will change from day-to-day in their work week schedule, depending upon the needs within Residential Services.
Hourly Wage: $23.90 as per collective agreement
The Residential Care Worker (RCW) assists residents to live successfully in residential settings within the community. The position ensures the residents’ physical, emotional, social, recreational, economic, educational, and/or medical needs are met. The RCW assists residents by enhancing their quality of life through activities of daily living. The RCW works both independently and as part of a team and demonstrates the ability to take initiative and effectively problem solve using sound judgment.
Education & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
• 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, or related equivalent experience.
• Experience with, or training in, areas of adaptive communication, positive behavior support, and community care is an asset.
Standard requirements of the Float Residential Care Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance (must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs)
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License AND ability to upgrade to restricted Class 4 Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid/CPR upon start date
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position role is open to female applicants only.
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.