The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: FLOAT RESIDENTIAL CARE WORKER | #1369
SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
LOCATION: Vancouver and Richmond
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday between the hours of 6:00-23:00 // 37.5 hours per week
Float RCWs are available for Day and Afternoon shifts between the hours of 6:00 to 23:00 (employees will be working 7.5 hours per day for their shift). Float RCWs are expected to work in all locations as assigned and locations will change from day-to-day in their work week schedule, depending upon the needs within Residential Services.
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 as per collective agreement
The Residential Care Worker (RCW) assists residents to live successfully in residential settings within the community. The position ensures the residents’ physical, emotional, social, recreational, economic, educational, and/or medical needs are met. The RCW assists residents by enhancing their quality of life through activities of daily living. The RCW works both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrates the ability to take initiative and effectively problem solve using sound judgment.
Education & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
• 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, or related equivalent experience.
• Experience with, or training in, areas of adaptive communication, positive behaviour support, and community care is an asset.
Standard requirements of the Residential Care Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance (must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs)
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License AND ability to upgrade to Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid/CPR upon start date
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position is only open to female applicants.
*This position requires Union membership.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now