FITNESS LEADER | Temporary Full Time #1703
The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: FITNESS LEADER (2 positions) | #1703
SERVICE AREA: Vocational & Community Services
LOCATION: Various Day Programs (Vancouver)
START DATE: May 8, 2023 (ending August 25, 2023)
TERM/STATUS: Temporary Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday to Friday 7:30 – 15:00 // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $18
The goal of our community inclusive day programs is to provide an environment that supports individuals to gain greater independence and quality of life through participation in community based social, recreational & vocational opportunities. Fitness Leaders will assist in the enrichment of the community day programs and services through the development and promotion of health & wellness fitness classes and resources. Health & wellness programming will be for adults of all ages & abilities. Due to covid-19, our day program services have adapted to meet client & family needs through in-person onsite services, virtual classes & community outreach. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to apply classroom knowledge and gain valuable work experience within a well-established support team. This position is subject to funding by Canada summer jobs. Position is conditional based on approval of application request by Service Canada.
Education & Experience:
• Post-secondary education or training in related fields preferred (Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, BCRPA certification, Yoga certification, Dietetics).
• Must be between ages of 18 – 30 at intake time, legally entitled to work in Canada, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) summer job.
• Working knowledge or experience with people in the area of health & wellness.
Standard requirements of the Fitness Leader include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Basic computer literacy (asset) – expertise in the development of online class content & implementation
• Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold Refugee status
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now