The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: Employment Specialist | #1378
SERVICE AREA: Vocational & Day Services
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Flex Time // 37.5 hours per week (flexible hours)
HOURLY WAGE: $28.39 as per collective agreement
The Employment Specialist provides pre-employment counselling, job coaching, education and advocacy support to adults with a disability. The Employment Specialist also provides transitional support, marketing to employers, and education and support to community organizations.
Education & Experience:
• Degree in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
• 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in a vocational setting.
• Experience in adaptive communication techniques information technology.
• Previous experience working with adults with barriers to employment.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and other support programs for adults.
Standard requirements of the Employment Specialist include:
• Criminal Record Check
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License & vehicle required
• Willing to travel throughout the lower mainland (North & West Vancouver, TriCities and Burnaby)
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position requires Union membership.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now