The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) provides an enriched program for children which meet the needs of the families in the community. The ECE also provides opportunities for children with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis. The ECE works in conjunction with the Manager to ensure the needs of the children are met.
JOB TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR | #TTF19-15
Start Date: ASAP, ending 15 October 2020
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time
Hours:Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri rotating schedule // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $21.50-$22.65 per collective agreement
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Completion of Early Childhood Education Certification preferred.
- Related training in the area of children with special needs and/or Under 3 Training preferred
- Minimum 1 year with integrated groups of pre-school aged children.
- Experience with special needs functional assessment, individual and group program design and evaluation.
- Experience in the area of Behavior Management.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
Apply by June 10, 2019Apply Now