The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) provides an enriched program for children which meet the needs of the families in the community. The ECE also provides opportunities for children with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis. The ECE works in conjunction with the Manager to ensure the needs of the children are met.
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator | #1092
Location: Creekside CDC (Olympic Village)
Start Date: 12 August 2019, ending 07 August 2020
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri rotating schedule // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $21.50-$22.65 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
- An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
- Municipal Pension Plan
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Completion of Early Childhood Education/Infant and Toddler Certification
- Related training in the area of children with special needs and/or Under 3 Training
- Minimum 1 year with integrated groups of pre-school aged children.
- Experience with special needs functional assessment, individual and group program design and evaluation.
- Experience in the area of Behavior Management.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification (training provided, if needed)
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position requires union membershipApply Now