The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) provides an enriched program for children which meet the needs of the families in the community. The ECE also provides opportunities for children with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis. The ECE works in conjunction with the Manager to ensure the needs of the children are met.
JOB TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR | #TPF19-02
Start Date: 14 February 2019
Term/Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 7.5 hours per day // 37.5 hours per week
$20.07 per collective agreement (Current rate)
$20.42 per collective agreement (Rate as of February 1, 2019)
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Completion of Early Childhood Education Certification.
- Related training in the area of children with special needs and/or Under 3 Training, as required by licensing.
- Minimum 1 year with integrated groups of pre-school aged children.
- Experience with special needs functional assessment, individual and group program design and evaluation.
- Experience in the area of Behavior Management.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada