Developmental Disabilities Association has an immediate opening for an Early Childhood Educator in our Kids for our Child and Youth Services programs. You bring a great attitude backed up with completed ECE certification and at least one year experience in the field. We encourage professional development, provide on-the-job training, and foster an inclusive work environment. Our Child Development Centres are fully inclusive and are designed to bring out the best in children and families alike. We provide learning opportunities for kids with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis. Because inclusion matters.
Since 1952, Developmental Disabilities Association has been helping thousands of people in BC with developmental disabilities reach their full potential through support and advocacy. We create extended networks of support, invest in individual needs, and strive for an inclusive and safe community. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR | #1403
SERVICE AREA: Child & Youth Services
LOCATION: Kids in General CDC (Vancouver General Hospital)
START DATE: August 16, 2021
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday to Friday with shift rotation every 2 weeks: 7:15-15:15, 9:00-17:00, 10:0-18:00 // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 as per collective agreement
The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) provides an enriched program for children which meet the needs of the families in the community. The ECE also provides opportunities for children with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis. The ECE works in conjunction with the Manager to ensure the needs of the children are met.
Education & Experience:
• Completion of Early Childhood Education Certification.
• Related training in the area of children with special needs an asset and/or Under 3 Training, as required by licensing.
• Minimum 1 year with integrated groups of pre-school aged children.
• Experience with special needs functional assessment, individual and group program design and evaluation.
• Experience in the area of Behavior Management.
Standard requirements of the Early Childhood Educator include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.