The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) provides an enriched program for children which meet the needs of the families in the community. The ECE also provides opportunities for children of all abilities to interact on a daily basis. The ECE works in conjunction with the Manager to ensure the needs of the children are met.
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator
Start Date: ASAP
$23.90 + 10.2% in lieu of benefits (with valid BC ECE certificate)
$22.68 + 10.2% in lieu of benefits (with ECE Assistant or Responsible Adult)
What We Offer:
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community Involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Completion of Early Childhood Educator/Assistant Certification or currently enrolled in ECE Program (2 days minimum availability is required).
- Special Needs and/or Under 3 certification an asset but not required
- Demonstrated competency in oral and written communication skills
- First Aid and CPR.
- Criminal Record Clearance.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate (training provided if needed)
- Medical Clearance.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Basic Computer literacy
This position requires union membershipApply Now