The Truck Driver ensures an efficient and timely pick-up of donated goods and materials thereby assisting to provide a cost effective service, a positive impression to the public and one that promotes the goals of the Association. The Truck Driver navigates through the GVRD region for pickups/drop offs in a cube van with 18 ft. box. The person in this position is also expected to drive throughout the Lower Mainland, placing donation bins at various locations. Tasks between driving and placing donation bins will be assigned on an as needed basis.
Job Title: Driver | Casual
Start Date: ASAP
Term/Status: Casual/ On-call
Hourly Wage: $19.11 per collective agreement PLUS 10.2% in lieu of benefits
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Grade 12 or Secondary School equivalent.
- Experience and demonstrated skill driving a cube van (18 foot box).
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, Tri-cities, and Sea to Sky Region.
- Excellent physical condition required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Medical Clearance
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada