The Department Assistant provides support to the Human Resources, Payroll, and Finance departments
JOB TITLE: DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT | #DAPF19-05
Start Date: May 6, 2019
Term/Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours:Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 8:30-16:40 // 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $20.16 per collective agreement
*Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Maintains personnel files, both paper and electronic
- Processes employee paperwork
- Creates and posts job postings and monitors job competitions
- Enters new employees into ADP
- Data entry for Payroll
- Provides administrative support for benefits
- Updates and maintains lists and statistical reports
- Scanning paper documents to electronic files
- Preparing hiring packages
- Word processing
- Provides other administrative assistance to the HR, Payroll and Finance departments
- Provides reception relief
- Other related duties as required
- Grade Twelve or equivalent.
- Minimum one year work experience in administrative and/or clerical field.
- Ability to communicate with public and staff in a positive, professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to type accurately at 50 w.p.m.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access, and other software programs.
- Ability to organize work effectively and work cooperatively with others under minimal supervision.
- Working in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Accuracy with figures and statistical record-keeping
- Ability to manage multi-line telephone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Eligible to work in Canada