The Community Support Worker (CSW) assists clients with their physical, vocational, recreational, social, emotional, and daily life skill development. The CSW supports clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life as possible.
Job Title: Community Support Worker | #CWTF19-05
Start Date: As soon as possible
Term/Status: Temporary Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 7:30-15:00 // 37.5 hours per week
$20.42 per collective agreement (Current rate)
$21.50 per collective agreement (Rate as of April 1, 2019)
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
- 1-2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in vocational & community settings.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
- Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs & ability to go in chlorinated swimming pools.
- Experience with principles of positive behaviour management.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Access to a vehicle for business use
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada