Why do people select a particular job? Money, schedule, and fun? How about all of that? The Developmental Disabilities Association needs Community Support Workers (CSW) to assist clients with their physical, vocational, recreational, social, emotional, and daily life skill development. The CSW supports clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life as possible. Since 1952, the Developmental Disabilities Association has been helping thousands of people in BC with developmental disabilities reach their full potential through support and advocacy. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER | #1414
SERVICE AREA: Vocational & Community Services
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday to Friday 07:30-15:00 // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 as per collective agreement
The Community Support Worker (CSW) assists adult clients with their social, emotional, physical, vocational, recreational and daily life skill development. The CSW supports clients to achieve their greatest degree of independence in environments of their choice through participation in onsite and community opportunities. Duties include; participation in the development of individual client service plans & the opportunity to plan and lead programming while assisting with activities of daily living.
Education & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in area directly related to Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
• 1-2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in vocational or community settings.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
• Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs & be willing to go in chlorinated swimming pools.
• Experience with principles of positive behaviour management is preferred.
Standard requirements of the Community Support Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
• Position may involve assisting clients with personal care needs
Training is provided for: Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification & Client personal care
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.