Developmental Disabilities Association is in need of a Community Support Worker (CSW) to assist clients with their physical, vocational, recreational, social, emotional, and daily life skill development. The CSW supports clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life as possible. That means heading out and having fun!
Since 1952, Developmental Disabilities Association has been helping thousands of people in BC with developmental disabilities reach their full potential through support and advocacy. Come find us online and see what we are all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
Job Title: Community Support Worker
Start Date: April 6, 2021
Term/Status: Permanent Full Time
Schedule/Hours: Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat 7.5 hrs per day (Shift times subject to change) // 37.5 hrs per week
Hourly Wage: $23.90 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
- An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
- Municipal Pension Plan
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
- 1-2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in vocational & community settings.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
- Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs & be willing to go in chlorinated swimming pools.
- Experience with principles of positive behaviour management is preferred.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Position involves assisting clients with personal care needs
Training is provided for: Client personal care & Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
This position requires union membershipApply Now