The Child & Youth Worker provides opportunities for learning and skill development for school-age children through activities designed to promote inclusive programs within the community.
Job Title: Child & Youth Worker | #CYPP18-22
Start Date: ASAP
Term/Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours: Mon 13:00-18:00, Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 14:00-18:00 // 21 hours per week
Full time hours during school breaks and summer breaks
Hourly Wage: $19.69
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU).
- Certificate or minimum of 3 years in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Early Childhood education or Infant and childhood education/knowledge
- Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Formal training in the area of counselling and behavior management.
- Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Able to obtain Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada