Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: CHILD & YOUTH WORKER | #1372
SERVICE AREA: Child & Youth Services
LOCATION: General Junction After School Program (General Brock Elementary)
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Part Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday 13:00-18:00, Tuesday to Friday 14:00-18:00 // 21 hours per week
Full time hours during school breaks and VSB professional development days
HOURLY WAGE: $23.45 per collective agreement
The Child & Youth Worker ensures the provision of an enriched after school program by providing opportunities for learning and skill development to school aged children, including participants with special needs. The position ensures that activities being offered are designed to promote individual growth.
Education & Experience:
• Certificate or minimum of 3 years in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
• Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
• Formal training in the area of counselling and behavior management.
• Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
Standard requirements of the Child & Youth Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Clean Driver’s Abstract
• Able to obtain Class 4 unrestricted Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
• Flexible work schedules
*This position is open to male and female applicants.
*This position requires Union membership.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now