The Child & Youth Worker ensures the provision of an enriched after school program by providing opportunities for learning and skill development to school aged children, including participants with special needs. The position ensures that activities being offered are designed to promote individual growth.
Job Title: Child & Youth Worker | #CYPP19-20
Start Date: Asap
Term/Status: Permanent Part Time
Schedule/Hours: MON/13:00-18:00, TUE/WED/THU/FRI 14:00-18:00// 21 hours per week (Full time hours during school breaks and summer breaks)
Hourly Wage: $21.09 -$22.20
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU)
- Certificate or minimum of 3 years in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Formal training in the area of skill development and behavior management.
- Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Restricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada