The Child & Youth Worker provides opportunities for learning and skill development for school-age children and adults through activities designed to promote inclusive programs within the community.
Job Title: Child & Youth Worker | #CYPP19-11
Start Date: Asap
Term/Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours: Mon/13:00-18:00, Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 14:00-18:00// 21 hours per week (Full time hours during school breaks and summer breaks)
Hourly Wage: $21.09 -$22.20 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
- An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
- Municipal Pension Plan
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Certificate or minimum of 3 years in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Formal training in the area of skill development and behavior management.
- Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Restricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position requires union membershipApply Now