The Child & Youth Worker provides opportunities for learning and skill development for school-age children and adults through activities designed to promote inclusive programs within the community.
Job Title: Child & Youth Worker
Start Date: May 27, 2019
Term/Status: Permanent Part Time
Schedule/Hours: MON/13:00-18:00, TUE/WED/THU/FRI 14:00-18:00// 21 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $21.09 -$22.20
Union membership will be required upon hire (BCGEU)
- Certificate or minimum of 3 years in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Formal training in the area of skill development and behavior management.
- Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Restricted Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada