Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
Since 1952, Developmental Disabilities Association has been helping thousands of people in BC with developmental disabilities reach their full potential through support and advocacy. We create extended networks of support, invest in individual needs, and strive for an inclusive and safe community. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: Child and Youth Worker | #1659
SERVICE AREA: Child & Youth Services
LOCATION: Brock Junction After School Program (General Brock Elementary)
START DATE: January 03, 2023
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Part Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday 13:15 – 18:15; Tuesday to Friday 14:15 – 18:15 // 21 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.45 as per collective agreement
The Child & Youth Worker ensures the provision of an enriched after school program by providing opportunities for learning and skill development to school aged children, including participants with special needs. The position ensures that activities being offered are designed to promote individual growth.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Certificate or minimum of 3 years in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Formal training in the area of counseling and behavior management.
- Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 Driver’s License/ able to obtain Class 4 Unrestricted License preferred
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification (training provided if needed)
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position is open to male applicants
This position requires union membershipApply Now