The Child & Youth Worker ensures the provision of an enriched leisure program by providing opportunities for learning and skill development for youth with special needs. To design educational and recreational activities that promotes individual growth.
Job Title: Child & Youth Worker
Location: Leisure Challenge (Kensington Community Centre)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Term/Status: Permanent Part Time
Schedule/Hours: Mon 13:00-18:00, Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 14:00-18:00 // 21 hours per week
Full time hours during school breaks and summer breaks
Hourly Wage: $21.09-$22.20 per collective agreement
What We Offer:
- An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
- Municipal Pension Plan
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Certificate or minimum of 3 years in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Formal training in the area of counselling and behavior management.
- Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 Driver’s License/ able to obtain Class 4 Unrestricted License preferred
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification (training provided if needed)
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position is only open to MALE applicants
This position requires union membershipApply Now