We’re looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives in the community. If this type of experience interests you, we would love to hear from you.
The Child & Youth Worker provides opportunities for learning and skill development for school-age children and youth through activities designed to promote inclusive programs within the community.
Job Title: Child & Youth Worker
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Wage: $22.25 + 10.2% in lieu of benefits
What We Offer:
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Certificate or minimum of 1 year in related studies toward a degree such as Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Child Care, Social Sciences, or Education.
- Minimum 1 year direct experience with youth in a recreational setting.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Formal training in the area of skill development and behavior management an asset.
- Requires physical strength, good balance, mobility and endurance for recreational activities.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Restricted Class 4 Driver’s License Preferred (on the job training provided if needed)
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
This position requires union membershipApply Now