Developmental Disabilities Association is seeking for an Awake Night Staff (AWNS) in one of our Richmond based group homes to help support B.C.’s most vulnerable population. The AWNS provides a safe, comfortable, and home-like environment for each resident with the opportunity for each resident to develop life skills to the limits of their desire and potential. DDA encourages professional development, on-the-job training, community involvement, and a very inclusive work environment. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: AWAKE NIGHT STAFF | #1421
SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
START DATE: September 28, 2021
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Part Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: 2 week rotation: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 22:00-8:30 week 1; Wednesday & Thursday 22:00-8:30 week 2 // 73.5 hours bi-weekly
HOURLY WAGE: $21.75 as per collective agreement
The Awake Night Staff (AWNS) provides a safe, comfortable, and home-like environment for each resident with the opportunity for each resident to develop life skills to the limits of their desire and potential. The AWNS also ensures good communication between team members, family, and professionals with regard to the life of the individual.
Education & Experience:
• Diploma or Certificate in an approved Health Care Training Program.
• 1-2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
• Experience with behavioral challenges and understanding of mental health and dual diagnosis.
• Ability to implement complex behaviour programs.
• Skilled in proactive training programs and crisis intervention.
• Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs.
• Formal training in the area of counselling and behavior management.
Standard requirements of the Awake Night Staff include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position is open only to female applicants.
*This position requires Union Membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.