Make a difference in the lives of British Columbia’s most vulnerable people. If you’ve got what it takes, we DDA needs you.
The Awake Night Staff (AWNS) provides a safe, comfortable, and home-like environment for each resident with the opportunity for each resident to develop life skills to the limits of their desire and potential. The AWNS also ensures good communication between team members, family, and professionals with regard to the life of the individual.
Job Title: Awake Night Staff | #1021
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Wage: $20.16 + 10.2% in lieu of benefits
What We Offer:
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- An inclusive work environment
- Diploma or Certificate in an approved Health Care Training Program
- 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Ability to implement complex behaviour programs
- Skilled in proactive training programs and crisis intervention
- Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs
- Formal training in the area of counselling and behaviour management
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Basic computer literacy
- Eligible to work in Canada
Must meet minimum availability of 2 shifts per week which must include every other weekend.
*This position requires union membershipApply Now