The Accounting Technician will assist in the smooth operation of the Accounting department through efficient, accurate, and timely processing of accounting information. This person will maintain and process Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare year-end documentation, and liaise with vendors, customers, and internal stakeholders. This team player must be flexible and would be available to cover sick and vacation relief with short notice.
JOB TITLE: Accounting Technician
LOCATION: Head Office / Richmond
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Casual, on call, and as scheduled
HOURLY WAGE: $20.42 per collective agreement
*Union membership is required upon hire (BCGEU).
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 working years of experience in accounting, or equivalent education and/or experience in a computerized environment and working knowledge of SAGE 300.
- Experience performing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
- Experience in maintaining general ledgers.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with employees and third-party stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and work under pressure in a high volume work environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Must be flexible as this position is to cover sick and vacation relief and you may not get much notice.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Eligible to work in Canada