The Developmental Disabilities Association has been enabling people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential with expertise, integrity, respect, and conviction for over 60 years. DDA supports some of the province’s most vulnerable people and we operate as an essential social service. We are looking for a team player with an exceptional eye for detail to join our Payroll team to help make sure our 500+ employees are taken care of and the system runs as it should.
Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
SERVICE AREA: Payroll
LOCATION: DDA Head Office
START DATE: TBD
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:00 // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $29.30 as per collective agreement
The Payroll Assistant provides support in ensuring the smooth operation of the Payroll Department through accurate and timely processing of the payroll information. They will provide administrative support to the Manager of the Payroll Department, and the Association by carrying out payroll and administrative duties.
What We Offer:
- An extensive employer paid benefits package that includes healthcare and dental
- Employer-paid Employee and Family Assistance Plan (EFAP)
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Completed two years of post-secondary training in areas such as payroll, business administration, or accounting.
- Minimum two years related experience working in a payroll function or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Exposure to benefits administration and union payroll, preferred.
- Completed or working towards Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification.
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll processing software.
- Demonstrated computer skills with MS Office, accurate typing skills with intermediate level Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond/communicate with public and staff in a positive, professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, to set priorities and work to deadlines.
* This position requires union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.