Developmental Disabilities Association has an opening for Early Childhood Educator for our Child and Youth Services programs. You bring a great attitude backed up with completed ECE certification and at least one year experience in the field. We encourage professional development, provide on-the-job training, and foster an inclusive work environment. Our Child Development Centres are fully inclusive and are designed to bring out the best in children and families alike. We provide learning opportunities for kids with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis.
Since 1952, Developmental Disabilities Association has been helping thousands of people in BC with developmental disabilities reach their full potential through support and advocacy. We create extended networks of support, invest in individual needs, and strive for an inclusive and safe community. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR | #1731
SERVICE AREA: Child & Youth Services
LOCATION: Kids in General CDC (Vancouver General Hospital)
START DATE: June 01, 2023
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Part Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Thursday and Friday 08:45 – 16:45 // 15 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 as per collective agreement
The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) provides an enriched program for children which meet the needs of the families in the community. The ECE also provides opportunities for children with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis. The ECE works in conjunction with the Manager to ensure the needs of the children are met.
What We Offer:
- On-the-job training
- Professional development
- Community involvement
- An inclusive work environment
- Completion of Early Childhood Education is required
- Special Needs certification is an asset
- Minimum 1 year with integrated groups of pre-school aged children
- Experience with special needs functional assessment, individual and group program design and evaluation
- Experience in the area of Behavior Management
- Special needs license an asset.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification (training provided, if needed)
- Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
- Computer literacy and experience is an asset
- Eligible to work in Canada
* This position requires union membership
*This position is open to male and female applicants.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.