SERVICE AREA: Child and Family
START DATE: June 13, 2022
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday to Friday; 8:30am to 4:30pm // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $22.42 per collective agreement
THE ROLE: To assist/support the Client Services Departments and Board of Directors by carrying out administrative tasks.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12, plus completion of at least one year in secretarial training, business or office administration.
- Minimum of two years administrative experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, accurate typing skills of 60 wpm.
- Experience working with multi-line phones
Standard requirements include:
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Medical Clearance
- Proficiency working with a variety of office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skill
- Ability to respond/communicate with public and staff in a positive, professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work independently, to set priorities and work to deadlines
- Ability to effectively organize work and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Manual dexterity to use office equipment
- Dress code requires appearance suitable to meet the public
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Educational and training opportunities
*This position requires Union Membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.